The PUMA Open Competitions System provides all the functionality required to enable golf clubs/organisations to run Open Competitions. It can be used to run singles, pairs, AM-AM (team) or Texas scramble competitions and is in use by clubs and Counties across the country to enable them to run and manage their Open Competitions efficiently and effectively.
If you are you still writing cards by hand or struggling to quickly determine who has won then the PUMA Open Competitions System can help you.
Unfortunately it was not cost effective to obtain a license to link PUMA Open Competitions with the new WHS portal and therefore scores cannot be returned using the system nor current handicaps downloaded. However, the system will continue to be updated to comply with the latest CONGU© /WHS handicapping rules/guidance.
Q What do I Need?
- A PC or laptop running Windows 7 or above.
- A printer (for producing reports and labels).
- A memory-stick (to back-up your data).
Q What do I Get?
Complete competition system featuring:-
- Multiple competition types – singles/pairs/AM-AM (teams)/Texas Scramble
- Stableford or Medal
- Two’s sweeps
- Flexible handicap allowances
- Score Card Labels
- Start Sheets
- Sign-in procedure – including two’s sweep, notes, user defined player categories and handicap calculations
- Facility to enter scores to check the cards – especially important for Stableford and Better Ball competitions
- Leader Board display (a laptop capable of displaying dual screens and a suitable TV or projector is required to display the leader board at the same time as entering scores)
- Full range of reports including a Combined Report where one or more competition results (either gross or net) can be combined to produce an aggregate result (e.g. 36 hole championship)
- Very readable, easy to understand, jargon free user manual
Annual software maintenance which includes:-
- All software updates (ensuring compliance with any CONGU©/WHS handicap system changes) at no extra cost
- Free updates to user manual
- Telephone support service free of charge!
Q What does it Cost?
Each license costs £100 which includes your first year’s software support. It is entirely up to you thereafter whether or not you renew the support agreement that will expire at the end of each handicapping year. The support fee (currently £20) covers the cost of developing enhancements to the system and incorporating any changes to the CONGU©/WHS handicapping rules. Multiple copes of the system can be purchased at a reduced rate – please contact us with your requirements.